Returning To Blogging
It’s almost been a month since my last post and it was
really something I did for my previous ‘so to say’ employer. So in reality, it’s
been almost 3 months since my last post! Not that I haven’t been following the
beautiful game, no, far from it, in fact maybe I was even more engrossed with
it.
First of all, May/June marked the official end of all -or
majority rather- European competitions, which I’m really into. The Men’s Champions
League won by Real Madrid and Wolfsburg winning the Women’s Champions League
against Tyresö FF, which by the way is up there with one of the most
entertaining Female Football games I’ve ever seen (along with Canada/USA at the
2012 Olympics e.t.c.)
Wolfsburg went on win the domestic league, ‘Frauen
Bundesliga’ as it’s called, in another thrilling performance, Alexandra Popp
scoring the decider (whom I’m a very big fan of especially after that 2010 U20
World Cup), in a 2-1 victory over a very talented FFC Frankfurt , who had just won
the domestic German cup, the Frauen DFB Pokal.
In France Lyon clinched their -new record- 12th Division 1
Féminine title, a remarkable achievement and I’m surprised they haven’t lost
count yet. Nothing PSG Féminine could do as a 7 point gap left the heavy title
contenders humble. Despite PSG managing to beat Lyon 1-0 away in their final league
tie, a 1-0 loss to Juvisy, 0-0 draw with Saint-Étienne and a 2-2 draw to…wait
for it…Juvisy, cleaned out their hopes on putting any more serious pressure on
Lyon.
PSG managed to get their revenge on Juvisy for all their
league troubles, the Paris side triumphed 6-0 over their –I would assume by now-
rivals, but PSG met Lyon in the final who got the final laugh in France, doing
the double over by beating the PSG Féminine, 2-0, Corine Franco with a very good acrobatic goal to seal the
win and show the class between two sides.
Then that’s pretty much it, I went on a World Cup spree, supporting
my three teams I’ve been supporting since 2002, the German machines, Argentina
and my native home, Nigeria. It was a fantastic tournament for everyone, but of
course, I just felt it was a much fantastic one for me.
I couldn’t believe it really, Nigeria qualified from their
group for the first time since back in 1998, which I have very unclear memories
about, Germany have always knocked Argentina from the World Cup since 2006,
which I did cry (embarrassing) after their exit in 2006, but for the first time
in 3 World Cups they didn’t face each other and both made the final! I was so happy;
Miroslav Klose broke the World Cup record of most goals in the World Cup, which
sent me into complete ecstasy, as I did when he scored his first 3 back in 2002
against Saudi Arabia. I’m already a fan of Thomas Mueller and I feel the record
would be matched or broken by him…who knows, but it did pain me to see my Argentines
in tears and despair, Lionel Messi and the rest, Bless them.
After the World Cup I got an offer by some website to write
about football for them and the pay wasn’t bad either, but the demand was high,
14 articles a week seems like so little but it really wears you down, there was
really not much news in Men’s football after the world cup so I wrote quite a
lot of female articles along with the men’s.
I followed up on Chelsea Ladies, the NWSL, Marta’s situation
and all that, however I couldn’t keep up as I had studies as well, and felt it
was time to quit, if I was to write about football, it might as well be the
Women’s game, people already know enough or more than enough in the men’s…e.t.c
me…so I decided to come back here fully and ‘grow the game’ so to say and also
learn because to be honest I’m quite the novice in the Women’s game.
I would also be doing things differently. This isn’t a
website where you can get the latest news on what’s happening in the World of
Female Football, although I wish it was, but I’m not Four Four Two, ESPN, BBC
Sport or Sky Sport either…or even The Soccer Desk, I’m just a person blogging
about my journey of being a fan of the Women’s game and giving my opinions on the
latest various news and events.
So here’s to Female Football, or Soccer, whatever you call
it, you are welcome to read anytime.
Do follow me on twitter @thefemaledugout.
Thank You : )
Do follow me on twitter @thefemaledugout.
Thank You : )
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Here!
Thank You : )